Statkraft BLP set up their first solar power plant in Tumkur district, Karnataka. The 5 MWp plant was commissioned in March 2017 and is supplying solar power to three private clients under the Open Access mechanism. The clients have tied up offtake with the plant with long-term PPAs (over 10 years). The generation for the first year is ~ 8 million units (KWH) and is expected to save ~ 7,000 tonnes of carbon emissions every year.
The power from this project will be utilized by three major clients in Karnataka:
- A five-star hotel in Bengaluru
- The Indian arm of a German industrial conglomerate
- The Indian subsidiary of an American Automotive OEM
- One of the few Open Access Solar plants to be successfully commissioned in Karnataka
- Built with the Statkraft Group’s Global Quality, Health and Safety Standards
- Project executed within a short span of 6 months